Tuesday 19 March 2013

The game is afoot!

Ah, hello again chaps'. It is I, Steph here to share with you the joys of what happened today. It was an average day  of school, and was just normal. And when I got home I was greeted with a huge box from amazon, as you could expect I ripped the wrapping off and found many many good things inside which I had ordered a few days ago:
Doctor Who Seasons 1-7 part 1

Supernatural Seasons 1-7
The entire Torchwood collection
Third Star. (Bring on the tears)
And, lastly. Conan Doyle's entire Sherlock Holmes collection!

My day has been made by this package arriving, I had hoped for it on Monday, but that doesn't matter! With the long awaited Easter holidays getting closer, I now have things to watch and definitely something to read. 

I have already finished the introduction of ACD's Sherlock Holmes, and I know quite a lot about ACD's life now. And that his books were rejected by many publishers, (which shocks me, but well, if they could see how the books have flowered now, they should be sorry). 
It is also good to know that his works inspired many famous authors such as Agatha Christie and P. D. James.

I must be off, 221b Baker Street awaits me. And so does a Consulting Detective and his Army Doctor...

No comments:

Post a Comment