Thursday 14 March 2013

~~~
I watched Third Star today.
It is an amazingly moving film, and its incredibly sad. It is marked as a 'comedy' but I don't see it as one. Its probably one of the saddest films I have watched. It has brilliant actors in it, and it feels real.
~
"So I raise a morphine toast to you all, and, if you should happen to remember it's the anniversary of my birth, remember that you were loved by me and that you made my life a happy one. And there's no tragedy in that."
-James (Benedict Cumberbatch)
~
So, James has cancer and it is terminal. Him and his friends walk (get carried) to a small bay, from James's past. When they get there James tells them that he wants to swim out into the bay, and let himself drown. And he does.
~
The quote above is what is said at the end. 

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment